Hello! Welcome to Tiny Cake, blog of Lucky Girl Bakery and of course, the Lucky Girl. Moving our blog outside of the bakery’s website is an attempt to free up the space a bit so it’s more comfortable for me to write about things other than what’s in the oven (although, there will be a fair amount of that anyway.) If you want to get in touch other than through the comments, please feel free to send an email to: hello [at] luckygirlbakery dot com
This page will be updated periodically, but for now here’s a quick run-down of things you’ll likely encounter here.
- Sugar–lots of it in fact. Also, butter and chocolate and even the occasional nut. We keep things delicious.
- Special events that we’re involved in: weddings, Cupcake Camp New Haven, farmer’s markets, music festivals… if we’re going to be there, you’ll hear about it.
- Books. I was an English lit. geek and this year I have resolved to read at least a book a month. Babies have consumed my reading time and I’m not going to take it anymore!
- Food that doesn’t necessarily contain the above mentioned sugars and fats. This year I’m forsaking store bought bread and will be dedicating a lot of energy to our garden. Bring it on beetles. I’ll be ready for you this year.
- Knitting. My house is full of yarn cakes–I think it makes sense.
- Come summer, whoopie pies will be everywhere. Something about warm weather makes New Englanders crazy about whoopies, and we’re happy to provide them.
- Surprises and contests and all of that other fun stuff that keeps you coming back to your favorite blogs. We’ll see what I can come up with.