It’s hard for me to believe that it’s this time of year again, but the gorgeous pink tree in my front yard and the calendar both say it’s so. This time last year the bakery was just getting rolling and Mother’s Day was really our big kick off. I was also pregnant and patiently waiting to meet who would eventually be the littlest lucky girl of our clan.
Aren’t they just excellent?
I love being a mom–mother’s are great! (I love it even when someone dumps a cup of ice chips into her wood dinosaur puzzle box and mixes it in with the pieces.) My grandmother, my mom, my mother in-law, my aunts and friends with kids are wonderful! I bet you know and love lots of great mothers, too! Wow, that’s a lot of exclamation points, but I’m leaving them… this is exciting, happy business!
In order to help you celebrate and appreciate the beautiful, smart, funny and ever-patient mothers that you love, Lucky Girl is bringing back the Mother’s Day Gift Box.
Here’s what’s in this year’s box:
* Brown Sugar Cocoa Snaps
* Bittersweet Chocolate Espresso Shortbread
* Chipotle Chocolate Shortbread
* Lemon Polenta Cookies
* Two whoopie pies: Classic and Strawberry Lemonade
* Two types of marshmallows: Margarita and Coconut Lime
We’re accepting orders until Friday, May 5th.
Here’s the Give Away part:
* Leave a comment on this post or on the Lucky Girl Bakery Facebook page (we’ll announce it there too, so you’ll know where to comment) telling us why you think a particular mom is fabulous, and you’ll be entered to win a Mother’s Day Gift Box!
* We’re giving away two gift boxes, and winners will be selected at random (all mom’s are great–would any other way be fair?) If you’re commenting here, make sure we have a way to contact you.
* Place your comment between now and midnight (EST) on Saturday, April 28th. Winners will be announced on Sunday, April 29th.
Good luck, and go call your mama!
WINNERS: Angela and Shannon (entry on Facebook). Congratulations!! Look for a message from Lucky Girl!